Thursday 12 August 2010

Why should I set up my business online - Really I was asked this recently!

I met someone today that is starting out in a fairly niche retail business and she asked me "Why should I put my business online?" - shock/horror!

So the short answer I gave her was that by putting her business online she can avoid the overhead involved in setting up a real world high street business.  No need to get an overpriced shop front, buy shelves, fill it with stock, pay local authority business rates, employ staff, etc, etc.  I recommended that she could  put some of that money into a monthly adwords budget to get totally targetted traffic to her offer and if she could get herself a really well designed and optimised site or landing page(s) where she would be  good to go straight away.

The other major difference that I pointed out between online and offline businesses is that offline you set up and hope that you get the footfall to wherever you were able to open up. Online you can create the footfall so all you need is a good offer that somebody will respond to. 

Seems obvious to me but lucky for her she has a rich daddy (unlucky for him) who is funding her but I am not too sure how much unnecessary expenditure he wants to incur!

Anyway, if anybody reading this post wants help with setting up a targetted website for a new or current business then just get in touch with our digital marketing team and tell us what you are looking for and what you expect. You will not be disappointed.

I think this has been my shortest blog post ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment